PUSH is a charitable organisation working for inclusion for people with learning disabilities. We are managed by a Board of Directors and advised by people with learning disabilities to ensure that the information and support offered meets their needs.
Follow us: http://www.facebook.com/PUSHCharity
What's been happening at PUSH in Perth!
We have recently secured Big Lottery funding which allows us to roll out our new project the 4R’s. It stands for Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Retail and one of the major components of this is our Work Skills Development program.
Our aim is to enable people with additional support needs who are in the transition stage to be more informed about their working future.
To achieve this we will:
• Use Person Centred Planning tools to find out what is really important to them when it comes to work; explore the essence of that dream job so that it can become a reality.
• Provide support and supervision to enable them to become the best that they can be.
• Provide in house practical work experience in a variety of areas; retail, reuse workshop, IT and office base.
• Provide training in a variety of areas such as money management, health and safety and stress management.
• Provide support to take the next step and introduce them to other employment support agencies and or further education opportunities.
We envision that the program will last a year however this will be dependent on the individual’s needs and time commitment. There is no start date as it is a rolling program enabling you to better prioritise your client's needs. IF you are interested or want to talk more about the course then the contact is Stephen@pushinfo.org
What could you gain in 3 Hours?
How about: Personal growth and benefits. Skills and experience. A sense of accomplishment. Recognition and feedback. Opportunity to learn new things. Friendship and belonging.
Sound good to you? To talk about your 3 hours or any time you can give contact: email@example.com or call 01738 621929